Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Blast in Batad

The weekend before Valentine's Day, Dimples and I went to a hiking trip to the rice terraces of Batad in Banaue. We had a blast!

The hike up to the top of the rice terraces and then down to the waterfalls was tough. But the hike up from the falls to go back where we came started was definitely a killer! I don't know the exact elevation, but it was certainly a test of stamina and endurance. My legs were shaking and had to stop numerous times to rest. Dimples was sweet enough to wait for me and either carry my 5-pound tripod or my camera bag. I am a photo hobbyist so when we decided to make the trip, I planned to take pictures of the landscape. Don't know where he got his strength but I though between the two of us I have the advantage because I've running consistently 3x a week. I realized that hiking is different from running on flat road.

When we got reached the inn that we were staying at, I ordered for food right away and probably a pitcher of water. Hungry, thirsty and tired we were both. Our guide surprisingly still had some energy and was offering massage. We declined because we both just wanted to rest. So after eating, we went to our room, showered and tried to rest our tired bodies. For some reason Dimples still had the energy for some romancing and that made our stay in Batad really special.

The following morning, while looking out the rice terraces with some fog, we had breakfast together at the restaurant of the inn. Took some photos of us together, definitely we had fun!

And everything went downhill after that. A couple of hours before we got on the bus, we had a misunderstanding that we we'rent talking from that point. We both came to our senses an hour before we reached Manila. So all is well that ends well.

This is just the first of hopefully many trips that we are going to do together. I am hoping to go to the beach next.


No comments:

Post a Comment